Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Who Am I?

Been up for awhile, was looking at some plastic surgery botches, oh my word! Just be satisfied with what you were given, it was a designed plan. You can not change that age is upon you, it's a fact of life that should be taken with honor and knowing that your have traveled down a long road and you should step aside for the other journey-men/women. There is too much vanity in this world. Beauty fades, but what's inside your heart makes you the person, people should love and respect!

I had that reality check when I became sick with thyroid disease. I went from Hashimoto's Thyroiditis to Graves Disease back to Hashimoto's. It changed my looks completely. My hair turned totally white and my face aged 10 yrs. in a few months and it made me gain a whole person in 6 months. The thyroid governs every aspect your of life, your emotions, your metabolism, your heart rhythm, your blood pressure, the migraines, and memory loss. Every cell in your body reacts to these changes. I referred to it as a Rip Van Winkle effect. You can not stay awake you have to sleep all the time, there is no energy whatsoever. You cry at the drop of a hat, you feel as if you are going crazy! I suffered with it's wrath since 2001 and let me tell you it was something I would not wish upon anyone in this world. I went through a thyroid storm. And it all started after I quit smoking for 27yrs. My habit was masking my symptoms. I am now returning to normal, slowly but surely, my thyroid is dead, they killed it with drugs and radiation and my levels are now governed by medications. With the rapid weight gain, I now have type 2 diabetes. But that will change once I lose the rest of the weight I put on. So far I have lost 56 lbs. It's tough because my metabolism is still not normal, so that is an accomplishment in itself! It's made me hide from the world as people are and can be cruel when they judge you because you do not look like a super model or like a normal people. I am thankful for my computer and some very friendly people I have met along this path that was set before me and in the end I will become me again and return to a normal life (I hope and pray this will come to pass)! I am happy to say I did not return to cigarettes and I celebrated being smoke free for 13yrs in April. I was never sick or on any meds at all until I got this disease. Now I have to take so many I have a big pill box to hold my weeks worth so I can keep up with them all. My day revolves around my pill box. I will be so glad when that changes too!!! Well, now you know a little about me and who I am!

No comments: