Monday, May 27, 2013

May Challenges at The Studio

I'm not a CT for anyone nor am I a designer anywhere, but I do like playing the games in the forums and getting pretty mini's and QPs and playing with my programs and Pics I have taken.

I am going to post my LO's that I did at DSS this month! I had a great time making them!
Here is my finished Progressive Scrap, I used a mini kit from the Beautiful Baby Mega Kit at The Studio
The next LO is from the Less is More Challenge.  Studio4 Design.works cute SpringView Mini Kit freebie. I just love the Mod Girl in this kit reminds me of the Big Eyed Kids Paintings from the 60's! Or the Candy web Dolls that were so popular a few years back. And Love Anima too so that was a plus for me!
The next LO I did was the Color Challenge. with ADB Designs Time In A Bottle Add-On kit. I love the elements and bkgs in this add-on. I do love Victorian Era, Gibson Girls and and the  Steam Punk things! Lace and Grace all over the place. I wish! lol! Ephemera, ephemera, ephemera!!!
My next LO was for the Variety Challenge and that one I used a Stacked Paper News Freebie also by Studio4 Design.works. And I played a bit myself in PSP and added the frame and strip on the right side of the LO! The frog was a tree frog I found and placed in a container, took his pic a few times and then released him back onto my porch where I found him. They make lovely sounds I think.
The next LO was Featured Designers Challenge 2nd half I missed playing the first half :(
The designers are Mad Genius and Julie C Designs, I used the It's All You mini kit.
In the fall of 2011 I started to learn how to play a guitar, I purchased the Gibson Learn and Master Guitar Course with Steve Krenz. This is the first guitar I purchased, not expensive but it does have good tone and stays tuned. I learned how to read music, but I wrote down all the notes above the songs so I could find then quicker. All my song books have marks in them lol. As my memory isn't that great now that I'm older. I also thought it would help with dexterity and memory skills so I was trying keep me on my toes. I can play the melody but I still have to master the chords. Too tell you the truth, I like the melody better than the chords. I know what the song is by that. Chords to me sound funny. My hands will not cooperate with me most of the time, so I'm content with playing songs I've loved so much in the past. And my speed is kind of slow but that will improve as I practice. This is something that comes as time progresses anyway with practice and keeping at it! I get into more of this later with Pics of my guitars (4) and maybe if I'm not chicken I'll post a song or two on here for comments! We'll see! :) 
 
The next LO was done for ATC Challenge (artist trading cards) using Julie C Designs Preview Kit for her Taurus Kit Gotta love that Bull! This mini is very cute and I have fun playing with it. Everything was from the mini except for the four corners I made those in SBP.
And last but not least (I didn't do all of them, bad Beav) was the Make It Big Challenge with LouCee. Photos I took in April and May, all elements made by me. I made the page as I went along in PSP X4 and since I didn't have a photo strip I found a single one in my PSE 9 and made one to use in PSP.
I copied and pasted a motion pic of a cardinal that wasn't a very good shot for the bkg and then adjusted the opacity, instead of overlaying into the back! Made the little locks as my Alpha and clipped them together. I thought they came out quite cute if I should say so myself!



I hope I gave everyone the right credits where credit was due and a lot of publicity too! Thank you All for sharing your designs with me and letting me play along! :) I hope to play again next month also!

 
 

No comments: