Saturday, May 25, 2013

Herbs Drying Rack

Today I made a herb drying rack out of two storm door screen inserts that my neighbor gave me. They looked brand new and if I had to I could replace the screen, So I washed them and dried them really good. Then I cut and washed the herbs and pat dried in a towel in batches and then placed on one screen and took a fresh screen piece I cut from a roll and placed on top of them so I could have at least two layers. Then I placed the screens flush sides together and clipped them with those black paper clips (8) on all sides. Now they can air dry without anything getting on them! Sometimes I can be so very clever when it comes to using things for something else.  I will post a PIC of them later and also keep you updated on how the process went (ie. if they molded or had any boo boos along the way!) bbl :D
Well, some of my Herbs are dried already! Happy to report no mold or yucky stuff growing on them, woot-woot!! Now as soon as the thicker ones get dried I will start a new batch of clippings. I will post some pics in a few of the dried goodies so you can see my results for the screen door insert drying system! lol (insert info music and spoke person here) :D
 
Updated*** Here is a shot of two batches I have done so far. No problems with the mesh rack!
 
This is a good way to dry them without bunching them up on a string and being exposed to the air directly. Worked out great!!! :D I am happy!!! Wow they really squished that pic down huh?
 


No comments: